Service is the rent we pay for living. Angel Rock Project - Malaak Compton-Rock
  HOME |  BLOG |  VIDEOS |  PHOTOS |  FACEBOOK FaceBook | TWITTER twitter.com/ARProject
Angel Rock Projects Angel Rock Service Angel Rock Shop Angel Rock Giving Angel Rock News Angel Rock Talk Angel Rock Information

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Gifts: Acts of Kindness

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cece View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote cece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gifts: Acts of Kindness
    Posted: 31 May 2008 at 10:16pm
Hello Everybody!

I just wanted to share a little story.  I went to a birthday party last weekend and left with a bunch of balloons because there were too many to fit in the birthday girl's car.  Well, I don't have much use for balloons, even though it's hard not to smile when you see them, so I started giving some of them away to children in the park.  Unfortunately, the strings were very tangled so I found a spot to sit and try to untangle them.  A family walked up to me, thinking that I was selling the balloons.  The mother said that she was looking for a balloon for her son because it was his birthday.  Well, of course I offered him all of the balloons which happened to include one last "happy birthday" foil balloon.  He was so happy and I felt amazing to be able to share the joy from the first birthday party with so many other children, especially this adorable boy who also had a birthday on the same day!  While this is definitely a small act of giving, I think it meant a lot to him and his Mom.
jenndent View Drop Down

Quote jenndent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 7:33am
That's a great story Cece! Giving to others is the best feeling in the world! Everyday I wake up and ask God to show me opportunities where I can serve and make the world a better place. Just think if EVERYONE had that same thought process!

I received this e-mail earlier this week from Joel Osteen. I think it's appropriate for this message string. Enjoy!

“Be easy on people; you'll find life a lot easier. Give away your life; you'll find life given back, but not merely given back—given back with bonus and blessing. Giving, not getting, is the way. Generosity begets generosity" (Luke 6:38 Message).

lisadv65 View Drop Down

Quote lisadv65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 8:52pm
men's shoes brand AllenEdmonds first stores in China Replica christian louboutin platforms cheap, the second floor is located in the Port of Shanghai Grand Gateway 66 elegant curtain rises louboutin fake, declaring that from 1922 the legendary footwear brand officially landed in China. Positive AllenEdmonds90 glory anniversary of the founding of this year, the opening of the first brand shop in China is even more significance. AllenEdmonds committed to the brand heritage of nearly a century of rich history and wonderful shoe technology to China christian louboutin shoes online, more classic high-end

Post Reply Post Reply