Service is the rent we pay for living. Angel Rock Project - Malaak Compton-Rock
  HOME |  BLOG |  VIDEOS |  PHOTOS |  FACEBOOK FaceBook | TWITTER twitter.com/ARProject
Angel Rock Projects Angel Rock Service Angel Rock Shop Angel Rock Giving Angel Rock News Angel Rock Talk Angel Rock Information

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Dont forget Hurricane Katrina

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
yoginima View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote yoginima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dont forget Hurricane Katrina
    Posted: 12 Jun 2008 at 9:41am
This August will be the 3rd anniversary of one of the most tragic and shameful events in American history. Our government's pathetic response then and now leaves so many still with out homes or livelihood.   We should remember that people are still suffering greatly in Louisiana and Mississippi.  There are programs and opportunities to donate time and money.  I know that we can some times feel overwhelmed at the amount of suffering that surrounds us but we can always do something no matter how small to affect the lives of those who are so much worse off than we are.  Let's think of something we can do in August to mark the 3rd anniversary of Katrina and it's victims.  I will post some ideas and hope others will too.
Angel View Drop Down

Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2008 at 9:48am
I was just back in New Orleans for The Essence Festival and it was just so sad to visit the 9th Ward.  The area is still so devastated and though people want to move back home there is no governmental support for this effort.  For the few people who still have homes, there is no water in the area.  There are really just a bunch of concrete steps.  It is inconceivable to me that this group of long-term homeowners and renters have not been helped and even more shocking that it is not a part of the national presidential debate.
Angel View Drop Down

Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2008 at 9:49am

The Journey for Change Global Ambassadors want to go to New Orleans to help re-build.  We are thinking about St. Bernard's Parish.  If anyone has volunteered in this area, we would love some information and feedback.  Thanks.

Denese View Drop Down

Quote Denese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 10:46pm

I think a good point of contact would be Habitat for Humanity for re-builing projects and the local churches and schools for outreach (food, clothing, supplies etc.)

Angel View Drop Down

Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 10:31am
Hi -- I was thinking of that and have looked them up.  Thanks for confirming.  I will let you know how it turns out.
Angel View Drop Down

Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2008 at 9:41am
Hello.  As we are watching and praying for the people of the Gulf States as Hurricane Gustave makes its way toward land, lets start thinking of ways that we can help.  Please pay special attention to what the people working for the non-profit organizations and the people themselves say they need.  It is so important (and I struggle with this as well) to give what the people need and not what you think the people need or what you want to give them.  Let us all say a collective prayer for the safety of all and get prepared to serve as best we can.  Thanks. 
spoiledali View Drop Down

Quote spoiledali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 6:51am
hi,

I know that we can some times feel overwhelmed at the amount of suffering that surrounds us but we can always do something no matter how small to affect the lives of those who are so much worse off than we are.  Let's think of something we can do in August to mark the 3rd anniversary of Katrina and it's victims.  I will post some ideas and hope others will too.
I  think a good point of contact would be Habitat for Humanity for re-builing projects and the local churches and schools for outreach (food, clothing, supplies etc.)

tnkx.
Brandon View Drop Down

Quote Brandon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 5:47am
Even now not much has changed, and also the fact is poor areas---and thus, as well, areas that were largely black have received the least help. Of course the rich people would get their homes built back while the poorest people don't get the help they need. People have forgotten about it but Hurricane Katrina needs to not be forgotten.
sonu panwar View Drop Down

Quote sonu panwar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2010 at 5:45am

"I was getting a lot of letters and calls before Katrina," Unsworth says. "But since then, I've not heard from any of them or even gotten any mail from the schools. It's been about two weeks since I've gotten anything from anybody or talked to a coach."

Unsworth's story isn't much different from other players' across Louisiana and Mississippi. It's estimated 20 of the top 40 players in Louisiana were affected in some way by the storm. Many prospects changed high schools or moved to states such as Alabama, Florida and Texas. Because home and cell phones no longer were operating, the lines of communication between recruits and colleges were cut.

"I don't know if anybody knows where we're at," says former New Orleans John F. Kennedy receiver Courtney Smith, who moved to Prattville, Ala., after his house and school were wiped out. "My coach back in New Orleans said I was close to landing my first offer, but with the storm and having to move, I'm afraid nobody knows where I'm at."

Even the lucky ones who didn't have to move aren't set because a good chunk of their senior seasons was canceled.

"Who I think is hurt the most is the type of prospects who would have earned an offer if they played well their senior season," Ole Miss coach Ed Orgeron says. "We have not seen that as much because we know where our guys are. But it's going to happen to somebody because a lot of teams are still not playing games."

lisadv65 View Drop Down

Quote lisadv65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013 at 8:07pm
author of this article at:
            Points Replica christian louboutin red sole shoes submission to get landing permit 17173 points christian louboutin black pumps discount!
            17 Replica christian louboutin shoes for cheap,173 new writers on-line point card points exchange system around so you get>>>
Hyun dress black dress before the relentless good strength is 69 inch veteran

Purple gentle drunk before tonight, after the substitutions, No. Acacia strength than 69 should also be considered before a good veteran

proud of the strength of small good night good resistance to hard

five village concept

lonely village hand in hand is the veteran strength of 69 five ruthless good

Dear little celebration ; 69 of the new man from the five village proud of mouth is also very less

underwater

new bone from the little dragon's no longer a good person

Hyun monologue is a good anti-dragon

Temple

Temple is currently no known from the scene to figure

; PT is also very difficult to find a powerful figure

Melbourne Yin heard that girls can play as No. This was not easy

devil

now afford to sustain Hyun Barton facade, it was only a

plate wire

handsome print speed is generally good resistance to the veteran plate wire

to House

resistance to addicted to days Alone blood high resistance to the government Department of martial art fight generally do not attack P 69 single before moving a few characters

light resistance to government resistance to the Emperor of blood is generally

Lions Camel Ridge

addition Other than children not worth mentioning

I have summarized above the Colorado 69 contest celebrity welcome any deficiencies in the hope that we have fun

to wish all the players to the mall 69 have a good mood every day!

<IFRAME id = contentFRM name = contentFRM marginWidth = 0 marginHeight = 0 src = float: left ;

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>